We understand that a positive test result can be worrying and to help you prepare for this possible outcome we have detailed the next steps to support you.
Mandatory testing for inbound travel package (two tests):
Day 2 of before test (taken on arrival)
- Must quarantine for 10 days beginning the day after the test was taken (this means until day 13).
- All household members or travel companions also need to isolate for 10 days from the day after the test was taken.
- No need to take day 8 test. Travel companions still need to take test at Day 8
Day 8 of after test
- Must quarantine for a further ten days from the day after the test was taken. So if taken on Day 8, will need to quarantine until Day 19
Test on departure:
- A registered nurse will greet you when you arrive at the results desk and cross check your travel documents to ensure you are identified correctly.
- The nurse will take you to a private area and discuss the result with you.
- They will provide you with initial health advice around the positive result, including awareness of symptoms and when and how to seek medical care within the UK National Health Service.
- Where a negative test status is an official condition for onward travel, it will be explained to you that you will be unable to board your flight at this time as you will need to leave the airport and return to UK accommodation and self-isolate for 10 days.
- A care leaflet will be given to you which will also reference UK government guidance on self-isolation.
- Airport staff will be on hand to give you help with the process of informing your airline and how to leave the airport safely.
- If you are travelling in a group or family who have tested negative, you should inform the group of your status and the fact that you are unable to fly at this time.
- If any other members of the group do not wish to fly as a result, they must inform the airline of their decision at the check-in desk.
Test to Release:
If you test positive you will be required to quarantine for a period of time which is currently 10 days from your positive test result. Please check https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk/coronavirus-covid-19-how-to-self-isolate-when-you-travel-to-the-uk for up to date Govt guidelines.