You agree that by using the Covid-19 testing services you agree to and accept these Conditions of Use. These Conditions of Use will prevail over any other terms and conditions provided to you in relation to the test.
The testing services which are available for Test on Departure, Mandatory Testing for Inbound Travel (2&8) and Test to Release include:
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Swab & Saliva Test
Loop Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) Swab Test
Antigen Swab Test
Antibody Finger Prick Blood Test
THE TESTS & SAMPLNG METHODS
Swab tests include PCR, LAMP and Antigen tests:
Collecting the sample will take approximately 3 minutes and will require one of our trained staff taking a sample from you, the sampling method may be either; dual nasal swabs or swabs from the nose & throat. The purpose of the test is to pick up the presence of the actual virus in the nose.
Collecting the sample takes approximately 3 minutes and will require you to provide sufficient saliva (as per the usage instructions on the kit). The purpose of the test is to pick up the presence of the actual virus in the saliva.
Antibody Finger Prick Blood test:
Collecting the sample will take approximately 5 minutes and will require one of our trained staff taking a small blood sample via finger prick. The purpose of this test is to pick up the presence of anti-bodies manufactured by the body in reaction to infection by Covid-19.
For tests taken in advance of flight departures we aim to provide results within the following estimated timescales.
- PCR – 48 hours
- LAMP – 90 -120 mins
- Antigen – 45 -60 mins
- Antibody – 45 -60 mins
These results timescales are not guaranteed and we do not accept any liability for any costs you may incur as a result of: a delayed test result, an inconclusive test result, a false positive/negative result or tests/results being damaged or lost.
For tests to release, results for LAMP tests taken before 4pm will be available on the same day, for tests taken after 4pm, results may not be available until the next day.
A positive result indicates that the test has detected the presence of Covid-19 virus. A negative result means that the test has not detected evidence of the Covid-19 virus. Testing is a biological process involving significant complexity and variability, and consequently no testing regime for Covid-19 is 100% accurate in all cases. A negative result does not guarantee that the test subject is free of the Covid-19 virus, nor does a positive result guarantee that the test subject has active, infectious Covid-19. All testing is conducted on this basis.
Test results and any comments given by us on the results are for information only. They are not a clinical diagnosis. They are not a replacement for a full and proper medical investigation and/or a doctor’s advice. Our comments are based solely on the results in relation to what are considered normal ranges in the general population. If you have any concerns at all regarding any aspect of your health or your test results you should discuss them directly with your GP or a doctor.
Based on the results of your test(s) we may advise that you purchase a follow-up test or that you see your GP for further investigation or both. You agree that you are solely responsible for acting on such guidance, we accept no liability if you choose not to do so.
The Mandatory Testing for Inbound Travel (2&8) is a package price for two tests. If you do not have the second test, for any reason whatsoever (other than a failing on our part), the cost is non-refundable. Please note that if a positive test result is produced for a day 2 test the results will need to be sent for genomic sequencing in accordance with Public Health England requirements. By accepting these terms you consent to this.
In order to book a test you must register and book on line at https://covidtesting.collinsonassistance.com/s/login and select the relevant test type you require. Please note that a separate profile and a unique email addresses will be required for each person booking one of our tests. The service is subject to laboratory capacity, specially trained staff and stock availability.
We offer these tests as a possible way of satisfying the differing requirements of various countries for negative Covid-19 test results prior to travelling to their territories. The tests can also potentially be used to shorten self-isolation periods by the UK government as part of the test to release strategy. However, please note you are solely responsible for determining that the test you are taking is suitable for your particular requirements, including whether any particular test satisfies the standards you are seeking to meet (whether for entry into any particular international destination, to comply with UK legislation or the shortening of quarantine in the UK).
Whilst at the test centre you agree to abide by the rules and policies implemented by the test centre staff. We reserve the right to withdraw our services if 1) you do not conduct yourself in a reasonable manner, 2) you do not abide by the rules and policies or 3) if you fail to comply with the reasonable instructions of our test centre staff. You are required to register your attendance with reception and complete any required documentation and pay prior to being tested. Test results will be available from the results desk at the testing centre in line with the timescales above after you give your sample. If testing pre travel, you are responsible for ensuring you book a suitable slot and you arrive with enough time for the testing process to be completed in order for you to be able to check in for your flight on time.
We or our partner laboratory may be legally required to share certain information with Public Health England, or other governmental organisations, in relation to your test, including: personal information (e.g. name and date of birth); the result, whether negative or positive; and confirmation that the sample is one that the laboratory has tested for us. This information may be used as part of any test and trace service being operated by the government in your jurisdiction. Please find a link to our privacy notice here . By proceeding to book a testing appointment you accept the terms of this privacy notice.
We are not able to offer appointments to anyone under the age of 16 unless for children aged 12-15 the registration process is completed by their legal guardian, written consent is provided, and a responsible adult attends the appointment. For children aged 11 years old and under the registration process must be completed by their legal guardian, written consent must be provided, and the legal guardian must attend the appointment. We are also not able to offer appointments in the following circumstances:
- If have had a positive test for Covid-19 or developed any of the symptoms of Covid-19 within 10 days prior to their appointment. Symptoms include: a new, continuous cough; a fever (temperature over 37.8°C); loss of sense of taste or smell; or new flu-like symptoms (runny or blocked nose; sore throat; shortness of breath; muscle aches and pains; headaches; overwhelming tiredness).
- If your household members or other people you have been in contact with have had a positive Covid-19 test or developed the symptoms above in the 14 days prior to the appointment.
- If you have had contact with a confirmed positive case of Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to the appointment as confirmed by the governments test and trace service, or other public health authority.
- You have returned from a country in the 14 days prior to their appointment, which requires a quarantine period under UK government guidelines.
- You reside in an area/region which is subject to a local lockdown.
- If any of the above apply to you, please wait the appropriate time period, and we will be happy to book your appointment.
- Tests at London City Airport will be only be available for Test to Release or passengers with a valid future air booking within 72 hours of the test appointment.
By accepting these Conditions of Use you agree to follow the guidance provided by us and our medical partners. We accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by non-compliance with this guidance.
To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and all third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
1. All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity
2. Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred in any circumstances including but not limited to: any issues experienced in relation to booking a test, non-availability of the testing services for any reason including but not limited to technology issues, the laboratory being unable to test your sample for any reason; test results not being made available to you within the stated turnaround time; tests or results being damaged or lost, inaccurate test results, you missing your flight or incurring any other loss as a result of any delay to our services, adverse or an inconclusive test result being returned, your failure to follow instructions provided to you in relation to sample collection or pre-sample preparation requirements, such as fasting; your failure to act upon our advice if we recommend that you seek medical advice or attention having taken a test; your failure to attend a pre-booked appointment.; loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
3. Liability for events outside our control. This includes but is not limited to failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control. Our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside our control. You may cancel a Contract affected by an event outside our control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel, please contact us.
Our total liability to you resulting from a Contract is limited to the total value of that Contract - meaning the price of the services you paid to us.
RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
We may amend the Terms from time to time as required.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under the Terms.
This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
Each of the paragraphs of the Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
You accept that communication with us will mainly be electronic. You agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under the Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
How to make a complaint
If you are dissatisfied about the products or service that we have provided, you can raise a complaint with us by email at email@example.com. Every effort will be made to resolve any customer dissatisfaction. We'll always aim to resolve complaints in a timely manner, normally within 5 working days, but if further investigation is required, you will be informed of this and kept up to date with progress. Once we have closed our investigation, we'll write to you to communicate our outcome.
Please note that the Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of services through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.